Travel trips for staying safe during the Corona Virus Outbreak
With the Corona Virus making headlines these days, we complied a few tips from our experienced agents to make your upcoming vacation more enjoyable and help alleviate stress.
- Pack extra medication — In case of unexpected delays returning home, have a list of names, strengths and dosages should refills be required.
- Provide Emergency Contacts — It is critical that you provide your agent with a valid emergency contact & phone number of someone not travelling with you.
- Mobile phone —enable an international travel plan inclusive of voice and data for your cell phone. Wi-fi is not always available or reliable.
- Purchase travel protection — This is always strongly recommended. Currently some plans are not covering Corona-related cancellations, but we can advise you on other plans such as “cancel for any reason” that can protect you from losses stemming from unforeseeable circumstances prior to & during your vacation.
- Practice healthy travel habits — According to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the simplest and most effective way to prevent illness, is to take extra care to practice basic health habits, including:
- Washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Taking advantage of hand sanitizer wherever it's available
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or your bent elbow. And always dispose of the used tissue and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands
- Avoiding close contact with sick people
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO) Website: